Ready to help
FAQ - Online Shop
Most frequent questions and answers
To place an order on our website, follow these steps:
- Browse our selection of products and select the items you would like to purchase by adding them to your shopping cart.
- When you are ready to checkout, click on the shopping cart icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Review the items in your cart and make any necessary adjustments (e.g. changing the quantity of an item).
- Click the “Checkout” button to proceed to the payment page.
- Enter your billing and shipping information, as well as your payment details.
- Review your order summary and click the “Place Order” button to submit your order.
We accept a variety of payment methods, including credit and debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc.)
Yes, we offer free next day shipping on all orders within the UK mainland over £50. Orders received by 3pm Monday to Friday will normally be delivered next working day. For orders outside of the UK, please contact us to calculate shipping costs based on the destination and the shipping method chosen.
For items in stock, normal shipping is dispatched on a Next Working Day basis.
For items that are on Back Order, we will notify you when they are back in stock and dispatch them on a Next Working Day basis.
Times scales will vary if shipping is in the UK but to outside the UK mainland. Typically this is 1-2 days.
Outside the UK
Please contact us for shipping outside the UK. Shipping times will be based on the shipping method you choose and the destination of your order.
Standard international shipping typically takes 7-10 business days, but can take longer depending on the country and customs processing times.
Yes, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number once your order has shipped. You can use this tracking number to track the progress of your shipment on the carrier’s website.
Yes, we offer a 7-day return or exchange policy for most products in new, unused condition. To initiate a return or exchange, please contact our customer service team through the website or by email. We will provide you with instructions on how to send the item back to us.
If you receive a damaged or defective product, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. We will work with you to resolve the issue, which may include replacing the product or issuing a refund.
FAQ - general
Most frequent questions and answers
- A great affordable alternative to fixed air conditioning systems that require installation.
- They can be moved from room to room, as they are not permanently fixed to your wall.
- Easy to Setup
- Easy to maintain and service.
- Slightly nosier than fixed units as all the components are housed in the one unit (i.e. there is no outdoor unit)
- Some portable units require manual removal of the water collected, instead of dripping directly outdoors
- Not as effective as fixed systems, but they do lower the temperature in rooms by several degrees
- When buying or hiring a portable air conditioner, it is important to choose the correct size unit for the area you wish to cool.
- Output is rated in kilowatts (kW) or British Thermal units (Btu’s). Generally, the bigger the area you need to cool, the more kW/Btu’s required.
- If you choose an overpowered unit for a small room, you will feel damp and humid instead of cool and refreshed. This is because the system will create too much refrigerated air for the space than is required. On the other hand, a unit that is too small will need to run constantly to try and cool the area, wasting energy and money.
- It’s important to get the right balance between room size and cooling capacity. To work out the type of unit you require, call us today on 0208 207 2455 or alternatively you can use our cooling calculator
- It’s best to close curtains, blinds and windows during the hottest part of the day. This will help keep your room cooler and prevent your air conditioning unit from having to work harder than it has to, thus saving you money.
- Evaporative air coolers should be used in open spaces, rather than enclosed spaces.
- There must be water in the water tank. The room/area should have open doors and windows to allow free flow of air. An evaporative air cooler works best when placed near an open window as fresh air is drawn into the cooler. This air circulates in the room and the exits via the door. Maximum cooling effect is felt when near the flow of air coming out of the evaporative air cooler.
Users should not expect an evaporative air cooler to work as effectively as a refrigerated air conditioning unit. However, there are certain advantages to evaporative air coolers over refrigerated air conditioning units:
- More appropriate in certain applications e.g. large halls, sports halls, etc.
- Environment friendly as they work with water rather than refrigerant gas.
- Use a fraction of the power of air conditioning units as they work by rotating their blades to move the air around in the area they are placed. Although they do not reduce the temperature like portable air conditioning units and coolers, they create a breeze providing comfort in hot stuffy environments.
- This depends on your situation and it might make more sense to hire rather than buy specific equipment. Variables have to be taken into account, which include acquisition cost, financing, usage rate, maintenance, storage and other costs.